The Way It Is, Like It Or Not...
State Department Claims They “Never” Thought Benghazi Attack Was A Protest About A Video….
Congressman Darrell Issa said today that he had phone conversations with Secretary Clinton and other State Department officials that claimed they never believed or assumed that the attack in Benghazi was spontaneous or a protest that escalated.
Dirty lying ass liars be lying.
September 13-Jay Carney speaking on behalf of President Obama:
“The protests we’re seeing around the region are in reaction to this movie. They are not directly in reaction to any policy of the United States or the government of the United States or the people of the United States.”
September 13 — State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland:
“There are plenty of people around the region citing this disgusting video as something that has been motivating.”
September 14 — Jay Carney:
“We were not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent.”
September 16 — Susan Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, on CBS’ “Face the Nation”:
“We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.”
September 18 — Jay Carney:
“Our belief based on the information we have is it was the video that caused the unrest in Cairo, and the video and the unrest in Cairo that helped — that precipitated some of the unrest in Benghazi and elsewhere.”
September 19 — Jay Carney:
“Right now I’m saying we don’t have evidence at this point that this was premeditated or preplanned to coincide on a — to happen on a specific date or coincide with that anniversary.”
September 20 — President Obama at a town hall meeting organized by the Spanish-language Univsion Network, responding to a question about the possible involvement of al Qaeda:
“What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests.”
September 28 — Statement by Shawn Turner, spokesman for Director of National Intelligence James Clapper:
“In the immediate aftermath, there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo. We provided that initial assessment to executive branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly and provide updates as they became available.”
And as reported on other News outlets:
From CBS New York:
Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the UN, said the attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens last Tuesday along with three other Americans appears to be a spontaneous demonstration that was taken over by extremists.“We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned,” Rice said on “Face the Nation” Sunday. “I think it’s clear there were extremist elements that joined and escalated the violence.”
(By the way, before you howler monkeys start screaming about how this is the UN Ambassador and not the State Department making these claims-the UN Ambassador is an employee of the State Department.)